Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 11: Changing lives and Skyping Home!

Hey family and Friends,

     So this week has been a pretty good week. Nothing too crazy ended up happening, we just did the usual, but I did have a pretty cool experience this week. One of our investigators speaks english and he is 17, we met him my second week here and have been teaching him almost everday since we met him. He has a pretty crazy life story, he started doing drugs when he was 12 and got his first tatoo at that same age. He struggled with drinking aswell, when we met him he was still doing drugs and drinking, but now he has almost completely stopped everything, and wrote me a letter this week telling me that I have become his best friend and that I changed his life from bad to great. It was super cool and touched my heart! He is preparing for his baptizm in one month, and I couldnt be more excited for him.

WATCH TYSON PAINTING HERE!
 






It's just super cool to see the impact that the gospel can have on peoples lives and the joy that it can bring. Our mission reached our goal this month of 75 baptisms and so we got to have a little activity day with the zone. For the activity today we played soccer, basketball, american football, and had a some good tacos. It was nice to have a little break and have some fun. I get to skype my family and friends today and im stoked, I hope you all have a good week and ill talk to you soon(:

Much love,
    
    Elder Tyson Mendez

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment