Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 10: Steroids, Spider Bite and a Special Baptism!

Hey Family and Friends,

      So this week had been a crazy week, to start we have an investigator of the church who is pretty into lifting. Hes been asking me for advice and I wrote him a meal plan, excercise plan, and a suggestion of what supplements to take. He bought all of the supplements and called me to come teach him how much to take and what not. I get there and he bought all the supplements I said and a couple more. He had a couple different steroids which I DID NOT suggest lol. He thought that I have taken steroids and could help him, but I was unable to help him with that, it was pretty funny.

 Later in the week I woke up and I had a spider bite on my leg, it was pretty small, but it started to get bigger and bigger. It started to grow red lines down my leg and swell. Then I got a Little fever and my body was pretty achy, and my hands were turning red. I went to the doctor and she gave me some topical cream, some pills, and some injectable antibiotics. An elderly lady in the Ward injected them into my butt which was no fun, but fortunately I am all better 4 days later. Its is almost completely gone and im back to normal. 
 
    We had a zone conference and another missionary from Utah came up to me and said that his ex girlfriend wrote him last week saying that she follows me on insta and wanted to tell me hi. I have no idea who she is but small world I guess.

We had a baptism this week, it was a Young man named Gilberto, he is 9 years old, and has special needs. He is so loving and has such a bright spirit. He was so excited for his baptism and the pizza afterwards. We have been teaching him for a Little while now and it was just a super special day(:
On friday the missionaries held a mini MTC for the youth of the church and it was pretty fun to help out and work with the youth of the church. Im doing good out here and just trying to work hard and be the best I can be. Hope you all are doing good and have a good week!!

Much Love, 

Elder Tyson Mendez
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment