Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 9: Convuslions, Soccer and Elder Mendez's First Baptism!

Hey Family and Friends,
 
     So this week has been a really good week. To start off the week we went on splits with different companions for a day. I was companions with the zone leader who is a super White kid with red hair, but he speaks fluent spanish now since hes been in the misión for 17 months. It was super fun and nice to talk in English for a bit.
 
Later in the week me and my companion were teaching the góspel to 2 ladies in their home around the kitchen table. I was looking through my scriptures to find a good scripture to share with them, I looked up and one of the ladies was having a seizure and was having crazy convoltions. It was crazy and I wasnt sure what to do, her daughter said it had happened before. So she held her while she was convulsing and once it was over she couldnt talk and could barely move. Me and my companion carried her to her bed and I think she ended up going to the hospital, luckily she is ok.
 
We have had some good success this week and have been really blessed. I played basketball a couple times this week at 6 in the morning with our investigator which was super fun, and every P Day we play soccer. I dont really like soccer to much, but im starting to get a little better and enjoying it more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Saturday I had my first baptism and I baptized a young man my age (19). He was Catholic and all of his family is Catholic, we have been teaching him and his mom, I think his mom will get baptized son too. He is super cool and has demonstrated stong faith and inspires me to strive to be a better person. Once he came to know in his heart after praying to God asking if this church was true, he changed all of his bad habbits to be worthy for the baptism. It was a super special and spiritual experience and I was honored to have the opportunity to be the one to baptize him. Its awesome to see the joy and happiness that the góspel can bring into peoples lives. It made all of the hardships and trials ive faced out here worth it for sure. I love serving other people and helping to change lives. Overall this week has been the best so far. I would invite you guys to strive to look outside of yourselves and for opportunites to help other people. I know that as you strive to do this your life and the lives of others will be blessed. I love you all, have a good week(:

Mosiah 2:17

Love,
          Elder Tyson Mendez









No comments:

Post a Comment