Saturday, April 9, 2016

TYSON ARRIVES IN TORREON MEXICO!!

Well Today is the day that I officially left for Torreon. I didnt go to sleep last night cause I had to pack and be at the reception desk by 2 in the morning. I said goodbye to my best friend and companion today Elder Arellano which was hard. I then proceeded to get on a bus and I was the only american and couldnt understand or communicate with anyone. Well I mean I could a tad bit, but not nearly enough. We got to the Airport and flew into Torreon at like 7:45 this A.M. Then we got picked up and taken to the LDS church where we had a meeting about what to expect from our misiĆ³n and the dos and donts. Sorry my punctuation sucks I cant figure out this Spanish keyboard.

I finally made it to my house about 30 minutes ago, it isnt much of a house and its going to take some getting used to for sure. Today has been the most humbling experience of my life. It is super poor here and kind of sketchy, there are stray dogs everywhere, and donkeys pulling carts. There are huge spiders all over my house and dead cockroaches on the floor, its crazy. It feels like its not real. If im being honest today has been a pretty hard day, but im trying to stay strong. My main focus from now on is studying Spanish like crazy so that I can actually talk to people. I learned how to preach the Gospel in Spanish at the MTC, but they didnt teach much more then that. Anyways I hope you are all doing good, please dont send anymore letters to the MTC mail thing anymore being that I am now in Torreon. Please just send them to my email, I love hearing from you guys and it gives me motivation lol. Talk to you all soon, have a good week(:

 

Here is Tyson's mailing address to send letters and packages:

Elder Tyson Mendez
Mexico Torreon Mission
Calle Ernesto Breede #301
Col. Ampliacion Los Angeles
27140 Torreon, Coahuila
Mexico







No comments:

Post a Comment