Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 7: Teaching English to Kids in Mexico

Hey Family and Friends!

Well my first week out in the mission field has been pretty good, ive had a lot of cool experiences. We have a lot of investigators and are constantly busy, if we arent teaching then we are going door to door or contacting people on the streets. We have one investigator that speaks english and I love teaching him cause I can fully express myself and say everything I want too. Ive already seen a big change in him, and hes super cool. This morning we woke up at 6 and went and played basketball with him. The language is getting better, but im still having a hard time understanding people cause they speak so fast, and it can get frusterating because I have a lot I want to share and say, but dont know how yet.

  It is super hot over here, and there isnt a moment where im not sweating, none of the houses have A.C. I only get 20 dollars a week for food which is pretty rough and im constantly hungry. No worries though im getting my debit card fixed cause it currently doesnt work here in Mexico. The people are super giving here, we get fed by members 1 time a day, and they always overfeed you. Ive had to eat alot of vegeatables, and those of you that know me well, know i hate veggies. Although when you are starving you dont care as much, im just greatful for food(:
 
 I taught an english class to some latino kids, there is a mini school and the teacher is a member, he was out of town so he asked me to teach. it was pretty cool! My companion calls me hulk and he is pretty cool, he is a hard worker and helps push me. He speaks a Little bit of English and we help eachother learn. I shared my testimony with the whole church yesturday in Spanish, it wasnt perfect, but they said I did good and they understood.
 
It can get a Little lonly out here, but im glad that I have the opportunity to help other people I started a 24 hr fast on Saturday into Sunday and in 32 hrs I only had one meal, Little wáter, I was dying of heat, and I was super tired. This guy came up and started trying to argue with us about why our church was false, it took all the patience I had not to punch him in the face. I took a step back and thought to myself, how would Jesús treat this man? I smiled did my best to be kind, did my best to answer his questions, and told him to have a great day. Ive learned alot over this one week here and have had to man up for sure, but im greatful for all I have and for your guys constant support! Have a good week everyone(:

Love,

Elder Mendez                                                 Alma 37: 36-37 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment