Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 8: Sharing the Gospel and Little Food Poisoning

Hey family and Friends!


    Well this week has been a good week for me. We have been blessed with some good success and im seeing some good progress in my Spanish, im finally starting to understand a Little more.


The people here are super loving, and the food has been pretty good, except I got food poisoning this week and was pretty sick for 3 days. It wasnt too much fun, but its all good. Im healthy again, I guess its just part of the Mexico Experience haha(:

We{ve had 5 of our investigators coming to church and its super cool, and im crossing my fingers, but if things work out I will have my first baptism next Saturday. Its truly an amazing experience to see the light of Christ brought into someones life and to see the willingness and want to make a change in their life.
 
    Its pretty funny, I guess its really obvious that im not from here cause people are always yelling Little sentences in english to me to see if I speak it. Im by far the tallest person in Matamoros Mexico. All of the houses here have super short door ways and the other day we had just gotten done having lunch at this Sisters house. We were saying goodbye and I was walking and looking back saying goodbye at the same time, I turned my head back around and smacked my face on this metal bar. It hurt pretty bad, but it was pretty funny!
 
 
 
    I played soccer for the first time here in Mexico with a bunch of kids, I am by no means amazing at soccer, but I scored five goals and our team won, it was pretty fun! Well that sums up my week, it was really good, but it felt like a month long lol. I hope you all have a good week this week. Peace!

-Elder Tyson Mendez

1 Timothy 4:12

 

No comments:

Post a Comment