Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 12: Storms, Birds and the Pure Love of Christ

Wassup Fam and Friends,
 
     So to start of my week last week I got to Skype with my family and Sam, it was obviously the highlight of my week and it was nice to talk with them. The rest of the week was pretty average, but it was pretty good. We have continued to be blessed with good success here in our area.
 
This week there was a huge storm that rolled through, and when it started me and my companion were 2 miles from the church where we had a meeting to go to. We were drenched and for the first time I was cold out here in the dessert! The roads were like mini rivers running with wáter, it was pretty cool. When we finally made it to the church nobody was there of course haha.
Last week another bird flew into our house because my comp left the door open and it was just flying around, mexico has made me hate birds, I havent had the best experiences lol.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE CRAZY BIRD IN TYSON'S HOUSE
 
     Yesterday I was in church and there was a lesson given about charity, and they talked about how charity is the pure love of Christ. They asked us a question and the question was how can we demonstrate charity? There were many answers, but this Little girl said that we need to love everyone. It was such a simple answer, but I was just thinking about how when our Savior walked the earth he loved and helped everyone, no matter there sircumstance, rich, poor, sick, or healthy. He was the perfect example and out here I think sometimes I find myself with a Little bit of pride and may think that I am better then someone because they have less then me, but we are all children of the same God and he loves everyone equally. I think me and everyone can do better at loving and serving others, just thought i would share this little thought I had with all of you. Have a good week everyone, much love!

Moroni 7: 47-48

Elder Mendez
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment